Nashville Business Lawyer & Law Firm
Founded by Nashville business attorney Zach Scott Gainous, we are a Nashville boutique business and corporate law firm that provides legal expertise, advice and representation to creative & talented individuals and businesses in many industries. We strive to be, the "go-to" business law firm and general counsel for creative and talented entrepreneurs, business owners, professionals, executives, companies, small businesses, and startups in many industries.
Who We Help with Business Law Issues
- Entertainers, public figures, & celebrities, including
- Music artists, acts, bands, band members, etc.,
- Movie, film, & television actors, actresses, celebrities, etc.,
- Stand-Up comedians & comedy acts, etc.,
- Fashion, merchandise, and apparel models & celebrities,
- Athletes, sports stars, & coaches, etc.
- Creators of entertainment, media, technology, fashion, and more, including
- Songwriters, music composers, lyricists, record producers, music producers, etc.,
- Filmmakers, film, movie, & TV directors, producers, etc.,
- Movie, film, and television script writers, screenplay writers, etc.,
- Fashion, clothing, merchandise, apparel, and accessory designers, creators, etc.,
- Creators or developers of apps, software, video games, technology, etc.,
- Bloggers, podcast hosts or podcasters, journalists, commentators, social media personalities, etc.,
- Authors or writers of books, fiction, non-fiction, short stories, graphic novels, comic books, etc.,
- Photographers, videographers, graphic designers, etc.,
- Entertainment, media, fashion, sports, tech & many other professionals, entrepreneurs, business owners, & executives, including in
- Record labels, music publishing companies, etc.,
- Movie, film, & television studios, production companies, etc.,
- Talent and personal managers, entertainment business managers, agents, etc.,
- Software, social media, app, technology, & video game companies, etc.
- Fashion & clothing brands and companies, etc.,
- Sports teams and athletics, etc.
- Chefs, food service, & restaurants, etc.
- Marketing, publicity, & PR firms, etc.
- Businesses & companies, including
- Independent record labels, music publishing companies, etc.,
- Independent film, movie, & TV production companies, studios, etc.,
- Talent management, business management, talent agencies and firms, etc.
- Fashion, apparel, & clothing brands & companies, etc.
- Technology, software, social media, app, & video game companies, etc.
- Marketing, publicity, & public relations firms or businesses, etc.
How We Help Business & Corporate Law Clients
We have the legal and business expertise to advise and represent corporate and business clients in protecting their assets, property, interests, privacy, and reputation. Below are just some of the ways and areas we help and serve business and corporate clients.
Business Contracts & Agreements
We have the legal and business and corporate law expertise to advise and represent business and corporate clients on their contracts, agreements, and commercial transactions, and including,
- drafting and negotiating contracts or agreements for individuals and companies, including advising and representing business and corporate clients in contract negotiations, etc.,
- advising and informing clients on contract interpretation and complex contractual clauses or terms, including whether a agreement includes the client's wishes or required terms or clauses, whether the deal is beneficial, etc.,
- counseling and representing clients regarding the legality and validity of existing or pending agreements and ensuring that the contracts are legal, valid, and enforeable, etc.,
- advising and representing clients in contract disputes, breaches, and litigation, including handling any potential settlement agreements, pre-trial filings, discovery, jury or bench trials, and appeals, etc.,
- representing and advising business and corporate clients on contracts or agreements with minors or children, and the enforceability of contracts for necessities, etc.
- representing and counseling business and corporate clients on other potential claims or remedies when a contract may not exist or be legal or enforceable
Business & Entity Formation, Selection, & Maintenance
We have the business and legal knowledge and expertise to provide business and corporate clients with legal advice and representation on business and entity selection, formation, and maintenance issues, including:
- the differences, benefits, and disadvantages of limited liability companies or LLCs, corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships or LLPs, etc.,
- advising and assisting clients in selecting the best business entities for their businesses given the client's goals, needs, capabilities, industry, business model, potential for liability and risks, etc.,
- advising, representing, and assisting clients with forming or maintaining limited liability companies or LLCs, including properly completing and filing articles of organization, annual reports, and DBAs with the Secretary of State,
- advising, representing, and assisting clients with forming or maintaining corporations, including properly completing and filing corporate charters, annual reports, DBAs, etc., with the Secretary of State,
- advising, representing, and assisting clients with forming or maintaining partnerships, limited partnerships or LLPs, including properly completing and filing partnership certificates, partnership agreements, annual reports, and DBAs, etc., with the Secretary of State,
Intellectual Property, Copyrights, Trademarks, & Trade Secrets
We have the business and legal knowledge expertise to advise and represent business or corporate law client on intellectual property and IP issues, including,
- advising and representing business clients on the protection of intellectual property, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets, including the best ways to protect IP, and the registration of copyrights and trademarks, etc.,
- counseling and representing business clients in infringment, misappropriation, or misuse of intellectual property, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets, including litigation or disputes, any potential settlement agreements, and appeals, etc.,
- representing and advising business clients on the sale, use, or licensing of intellectual property, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets, including negotiating or drafting of agreements or licensing contracts, breaches, disputes, etc.,
- representing, counseling, and assisting business law clients on intellectual property, copyright, trademark, or trade secret audits or financial valuations, including royalty audits or payment disputes or litigation, etc.
Due Diligence, Investigations, & Background Checks
We have the legal and business expertise to provide business and corporate clients with due diligence, investigations, and background checks on people, potential opportunities, and businesses and companies, including:
- performing due diligence, investigations, preparing reports, and advising on potential deals and contracting parties, including likely outcomes, history of success, risks for fraud, breach, etc.,
- performing due diligence, investigations, background checks, preparing reports, and advising business clients on potential or current team members, employees, partners, etc.,
- performing due diligence, independent investigations, analyzing likely risks or outcomes, and preparing reports on incidents involving civil or criminal liabilities for business clients, including workplace accidents or injuries, fraud, theft, harassment, invasion of privacy, misappropriation, assault or battery, etc.
Employment Law Issues, Agreements, Policies, & Handbooks
We have the business and legal knowledge and expertise to advise and represent business and corporate clients on their employment law issues including,
- advising and representing clients in employment contracts and executive employment agreements and non-disclosures and non-compete contracts, including drafting and negotiations, disputes, breaches, arbitration & mediation, litigation or trials, settlement agreements, appeals, etc.,
- advising and assisting businesses and companies with creating or drafting their employee policies, and handbooks, including use of technology handbooks, privacy policies and legal requirements, etc.,
- counseling and representing clients in employment discrimination, sexual or other harrasment claims, disputes, or lawsuits, including mediation, arbitration, litigation or trials, settlement agreements, appeals, etc.,
- repesenting and advising clients on wrongful termination, retaliation, or whistleblower claims, disputes, or lawsuits, including settlement contracts, litigation, and appeals, etc.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We have the legal and business expertise and knowledgeto advise and represent business and corporate law clients on mergers and acquisitions of businesses and companies, including,
- advising and representing business clients in obtaining or attempting to find or obtain the necessary finances to acquire other businesses or companies, including dealing with issues, and assisting or negotiating with banks, lenders, or outside investors, etc.,
- advising business or corporate clients on their goals, objectives, and plans for the merger or acquisition, the friendliness of the deal, the best ways to achieve the merger or acquisition, etc.,
- conducting due diligence, and determining any potential risks, taxation, anti-trust, or other regulatory issues, etc.,
- counseling and representing business or corporate law clients on the best ways of structuring the deal or contract, negotiating tactics, etc.,
- advising and representing clients on completing the merger or acquisition, including drafting and negotiation, ensuring validity, enforcement, and legality, and handling any disputes or litigation of the merger or acquisition, etc.
Let's talk about your business or corporate law issues or concerns.
We love to chat with current and new clients. If you need help or have questions about corporate or business law issues, please complete and submit the form below of call us at 615-671-4301.