Nashville Fashion Law Firm & Attorney
Founded by Nashville fashion attorney Zach Scott Gainous, we are a Nashville boutique apparel & fashion law firm that provides legal expertise, advice and representation to creative & talented individuals and businesses in the fashion industry. We strive to be, the "go-to" fashion law firm and general counsel for creative and talented individuals and businesses in the fashion industry.
Who We Help in the Fashion Industries
- Fashion models & celebrities
- Creators of fashion, clothing, and apparel, including
- Fashion designers,
- Clothing designers,
- Merchandise designers,
- Shoe designers,
- Accessory designers or fashion accessory designers
- Fashion professionals, including
- Fashion photographers, art directors, etc.,
- Fashion buyers or purchasing agents,
- Agents, business managers, personal managers of fashion models, etc.,
- Fashion & apparel entrepreneurs, business owners, businesses, startups, & companies, including
- Fashion & apparel brands & manufacturers
- Fashion & apparel retailers
How We Help Fashion Industry & Fashion Law Clients
We have the legal and fashion and apparel industry expertise to advise and represent fashion industry clients in protecting their assets, property, interests, privacy, and reputation, both personally and professionally, or for their business or career. Below are just some of the ways and areas we help and serve fashion industry clients.
Contracts & Agreements for Fashion & Apparel Industry Clients
We have the legal and fashion industry expertise to advise and represent fashion industry clients on their fashion industry agreements and all of their contracts and agreements, including contract negotiations and drafting, disputes, breaches, and litigation, etc. Some of the agreements we advise and represent fashion law clients with include,
- Model appearance or photoshoot contracts, model agency or agent agreements, photography contracts, publicity, PR or publicist agreements for fashion modeals, personal & business management contracts for fashion models, etc.,
- Fashion, apparel, and accessory design or designer agreements,
- Fashion retail & distribution agreements for fashion brands & designers, including fashion license agreements, private or "white" label contracts, consignment agreements, showroom contracts, etc.
- Fashion, apparel, and accessory manufacturing contracts and agreements for fashion, clothing, apparel, or accesory designers or brands,
- Sponsorship & endorsement agreements and contracts for fashion models, designers, and celebrities, etc.,
- Executive compensation or employment agreements and contracts for fashion executives & professionals, etc.
Intellectual Property, Copyrights, & Trademarks for Fashion Clients
We have the legal and fashion expertise to provide fashion industry clients with legal advice and representation on intellectual property, including the use, protection, management, misuse or infringement of copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets. Some of this includes:
- what types of fashion related assets or property qualify for intellectual property protection, under copyright, trademark, or trade secret, including fashion, clothing, accessory, or apparel designs, logos, names, brands, etc.,
- advising on, assisting with, or overseeing, the protection of fashion related intellectual property, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets, including the benefits and requirements of copyright and trademark registration,
- overseeing and assisting with intellectual property, copyright, and trademark audits and valuations, including financial valuations and fashion royalty audits for the use or licensing of fashion related IP,
- advising and representing clients in the sale or licensing of fashion intellectual property or copyright catalogs, including clothing, accessory, or fashion designs, fashion photography or photographs, etc.,
- advising and representing clients on any disputes, misuse, or infringement of fashion intellectual property, copyrights, trademarks, or trade secrets, including issuing cease and desist letters, handling litigation and appeals, settlement agreements, etc.,
Business & Financial Legal Advice & Help for Fashion Industry Clients
We have the fashion industry and legal knowledge and expertise to advise and represent fashion clients on their business and financial matters and concerns, including,
- advising fashion industry clients, including fashion models, celebrities, fashion designers, and professional's so-called "loan-out" companies, with selecting the appropriate business entities to form, including LLCs, corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships, or LLPs, etc.,
- representing or assisting fashion and apparel industry clients with forming and maintaining the appropriate business entities, including drafting and filing LLC articles of organization, corporate charters, partnership agreements, limited partnership or LLP certificates, annual reports, etc.,
- advising, overseeing, and assisting with fashion or apparel royalty audits or other financial audits for fashion clients, including selection of or introduction to qualified fashion or apparel financial auditors or CPAs, reconciliation of royalty statements, contract or audit summaries, etc.,
- counseling and representing fashion industry clients with clothing, apparel, or accessory sales royalty audits or royalty payment disputes or issues, including handling and representing clients with any royalty dispute or audit settlement agreements, litigation, or appeals, etc.,
Reputation, Privacy, Name, Image & Likeness Issues for Fashion Client's
We have the legal and fashion expertise to provide fashion industry clients with legal advice and representation in protecting their reputation, privacy, name, image, and likeness, or right to publicity, including:
- advising fashion industry clients on how best to protect their privacy, reputation, and right to publicity, or name, image, or likeness,
- representing and counseling fashion law clients on defamation, false light, and harm to reputation, handling any claims of defamation or false light, including settlement agreeements, litigation or appeals,
- protecting fashion clients right to publicity, including proactively seeking out potential misuse or infringment of the client's right to protect and profit from the use of their name, image, and likeness,
- advising and representing fashion law clients in right to publicity uses or disputes, including drafting and negotiating contracts granting others the right to use the client's name, image, or likeness, litigation or settlement agreements for breaches of contracts, unauthorized uses, misuses, etc.,
- counseling and representing fashion industry clients on invasion of privacy, public disclosures, and intrusion claims or issues, including handling litigation, settlement agreeements, and appeals, etc.,
- advising fashion clients and assisting with whether they're likely to commit or be found liable for defamation, false light, invasion of privacy, misuse of another's name, image, or likeness, etc.
General Industry & Career or Business Advice for Fashion Industry Clients
We have the fashion industry knowledge and expertise to advise and represent fashion and apparel industry clients on their fashion career and industry goals including,
- evaluating and discussing the fashion industry client's short term and long term goals, plans, and needs, to determine the client's best options and path forward, etc.,
- advisisng and providing fashion industry clients with needed information on the fashion industry, including what different roles, parties, or segments of the industry are responsible for, what they look for, etc.,
- performing due diligence, investigating, evaluating, and advising actors or fashion industry clients on potential or interested team members or offers of assistance, the legitimacy, history, or success of potential team members, employees, etc.,
- performing due diligence, investigating, evaluating, and advising fashion or apparel industry clients on potential career or business opportunities or offers,
- advising fashion industry clients on insurance needs for their career or business goals, best insurers for fashion client's needs, insurance policy issues, etc.,
- advising fashion or apparel industry client's on their financial needs to start or grow their fashion industry careers or businesses, including performing due diligence on potential investors or investment opportunities, etc.
Estate Planning and Wills & Trusts for Fashion & Apparel Industry Clients
We have the fashion and apparel industry and legal knowledge and expertise to advise and represent fashion industry clients with any estate planning needs and concerns, including
- advising fashion industry clients on the best ways to protect their heirs, assets, and property, and distributed accordingly by using estate planning legal tools and documents, including wills and trusts,
- drafting and properly executing the appropriate wills or trust documents to ensure that the client's heirs are taken care of and the client's assets and property is distributed according the client's wishes after their death
- advising and representing fashion industry clients or their heirs in probate matters, including will challenges or disputes, trust disputes, mismanagement of probate estates, probate assets, trusts, or trust assets by executors, executrices, or trustees, etc.,
- advising fashion and apparel industry clients on the importance and role for incapacity, healthcare, and end of life documents, including powers of attorney, living wills, healthcare powers of attorney, etc.,
- drafting and properly executing incapacity healthcare, and end of life documents that ensure that the fashion industry client's wishes are followed in the event of the client's incapacity or fatal injury
Real Estate & Property Issues for Fashion & Apparel Industry Clients
We have the legal and fashion industry expertise to provide industry clients with legal advice and representation in regards to real estate and property issues or protection, including:
- advising and representing fashion industry clients in buying or selling residential or commercial real estate, including negotiating and drafting contracts of sale, drafting and filing deeds, utilizing trusts to privately purchase land or real estate, etc.,
- representing and counseling fashion industry clients in real estate disputes or litigation, including breach of contracts of sale, boundary and trespassing disputes and issues, and drafting, filing, or dealing with easements or covenants, etc.,
- representing and advising fashion industry clients with landlord and tenant issues, disputes, or litigation, including drafting or any breach of real estate leases or rental agreements, landlord and tenant rights and obligations, for both commercial and residential real estate,
- counseling and representing fashion industry clients with eminent domain government real estate purchases,
- advising and representing fashion industry clients with the protection of their real estate or personal property, including advising or representing industry clients on insurance matters, disputes, or litigation, etc.
Spouse, Child, & Family Law Issues for Fashion & Apparel Clients
We have the legal and fashion expertise to provide fashion industry clients with legal advice and representation in protecting their family and their own interests, including:
- advising and representing fashion clients in negotiating and drafting prenups or prenuptial agreements, or postnuptial agreements, including ensuring validity by overseeing execution and required legal disclosures,
- counseling and representing fashion clients in unconstested divorces or marital dissolution agreements, including drafting and execution, ensuring proper filing and obtaining the final judgment of divorce, etc.,
- advising and representing fashion industry clients in seeking and obtaining annulments, including properly filing the required documents, etc.,
- counseling and representing fashion industry clients in unconstested separation or separation agreements, including drafting and execution, ensuring proper filing, etc.,
- advising and representing fashion law clients on spouse, child, and family protection plans, including protection of pets,
- recommending and referring fashion clients to other attorneys or law firms who handle contested divorces or separations, and consulting with them on fashion or apparel legal issues, including disputes or issues of marital property involving fashion related intellectual property, copyrights, trademarks, etc.
Let's talk about your fashion industry or legal issues or concerns.
We love to chat with current and new clients. If you need help or have questions about fashion industry or legal issues, please complete and submit the form below of call us at 615-671-4301.