Nashville Trademark Lawyer & Law Firm
Founded by Nashville trademark attorney Zach Scott Gainous, we are a Nashville boutique trademark law firm that provides legal expertise, advice and representation to individuals and businesses who create, own, use, or license trademarks. We strive to be, the "go-to" trademark law firm for creative and talented individuals and businesses in many industries industries.
Who We Help with Trademark Law & Issues
- Entertainers & celebrities or public figures who own, create, use, or license trademarks, including
- Music artists, acts, bands, etc.,
- Movie, film, & television actors, actresses, celebrities, etc.,
- Stand-Up comedians & comedy acts, etc.,
- Fashion, merchandise, and apparel models & celebrities,
- Athletes & sports stars, etc.
- Owners, creators, or licensors of trademarks in entertainment, music, film, movie, television, tech, media, and many other industries, including
- Record labels, music publishers or music publishing companies, music production companies, etc.,
- Movie, film, & television production companies, studios, etc.,
- Filmmakers, film, movie, & TV producers, etc.,
- Fashion, clothing, merchandise, apparel, or accesory brands and companies, etc.,
- Bloggers, podcasts or podcasters, public figures, social media personalities, etc.,
- Websites & online publications, forums, social media websites or networks, etc.,
- Technology, software, app, gaming, or video game companies, etc.,
- Book publishers, news publications, media distributers, etc.,
How We Help Trademark Law Clients
We have the trademark law expertise to advise and represent creators, owners, or users of intellectual property, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets. Below are just some of the ways we provide legal expertise, advice, and representation to intellectual property law clients.
Trademark Protection, Searches, & Registration
We have the trademarks law knowledge and expertise to advise and represent trademark aw clients on protection of their trademarks, trademark searches, trademark registration and issues, including,
- advising and informing clients on what can be protected by trademark law, including logos, words, names, titles, symbols, icons, shapes, sounds (ex: NBC's tri-tone, Hunger Games whistle, Darth Vader's breathing, etc.), etc.
- advising or counseling trademark owners or creators on how best to protect their trademarks, including the benefits, importance, and value, of state or federal trademark registrations, etc.,
- advising, representing, overseeing, and assisting with trademark clients with trademark searches, both state trademark searches, and federal trademark searches with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office or USPTO, including advising on selection of outside trademark search firms, etc.,
- counseling and representing trademark law clients on their trademark registrations, including completing and filing a USPTO trademark application or intent to use application, handling amendments or USPTO "office actions" and the Examining Attorney processing the application, or any application denial appeals, etc.
Contracts or Agreements for the Sale, Transfer, Use, or Licensing of Trademarks
We have the legal expertise to provide trademark law clients with legal advice and representation on contracts or agreements for the license, transfer, or sale of tradmarks, including:
- advising and representing clients in drafting and negotiating agreements for the sale, use, or license of their trademarks or trademark catalogs to another party, including use by other parties in their commercial or profit-generating activities like movies, films, television shows, video games, apps, etc.,
- advising and representing clients in drafting and negotiating agreements for the purchase, use, or license of another party's trademarks or trademark catalogs, including use in commercial or profit-generating activities like movies, films, television shows, video games, apps, etc.,
- counseling and representing clients in disputes, breaches, or litigation of contracts involving the license or sale of trademarks or trademark catalogs, including handling any potential settlements or necessary appeals,
Trademark Infringement or Misuse Disputes & Litigation
We have the trademark law knowledge and expertise to advise and represent trademark clients on trademark infringment disputes or litigation, including,
- advising clients on whether their use of marks or trademarks will likely infringe on the trademarks of other trademark owners, or the client's likelihood of liability for trademark infringement or misuse, etc.,
- representing and advising trademark law clients on whether they likely have a valid claim or case for trademark infringment or misuse against other parties, etc.,
- counseling and representing trademark law clients in any disputes or litigation involving the infringement or misuse of trademarks, including issuing cease and desist, or demand letters, handling any potential settlement agreements or necessary appeals, etc.
Trademark Audits & Financial Valuations
We have the legal expertise to provide trademark law clients with advice and representation in audits and financial valuations of trademarks or trademark catalogs, including:
- advising, overseeing, and assisting with audits of trademarks or trademark catalogs of trademark owners, or potential purchasers, including determining ownership and registration status and history, and any potential current or future issues or risks for the owners, etc.,
- counseling, overseeing and assisting with financial valuations and financial audits of trademarks or catalogs for creators, owners, or potential purchasers, including advising on selection or introduction to qualified trademark auditors or CPAs, reconciliation of statements, etc.,
- advising and representing trademark law clients on trademark royalty or financial discrepencies, dipsutes, or litigation, including sending any notices or demand letters, handling any settlement offers or negotiations, and any appeals, etc.
Let's talk about your entertainment law issues or concerns.
We love to chat with current and new clients. If you need help or have questions about entertainment law issues, please complete and submit the form below of call us at 615-671-4301.